Monday, March 10, 2008

Keep Your Parsley and Green Onions Fresh

(Mama here)

Today's tip is how to store fresh parsley and green onions. (You are using fresh parsley in your cooking, aren't you? Oh, I knew you were. It's so much nicer than dried, don't you think?)

As soon as you get home from the store, wash the parsley and green onions and dry them with a paper towel. Trim the tops of the green onions, but leave their roots.

Set them upright in Mason jars and put on the lids.


We put this parsley into the frig about two weeks ago. Still fresh and pretty!

3 comments:

mamatulip said...

Congrats on getting the quilt done...can we see pics of the finished product? :)

Deb Shucka said...

I love this tip! It's so easy and pretty, too. I'm going to go buy produce just so I can try it.

riversgrace said...

Wouldn't think of that in a million years! True, it looks pretty even if I don't end up using it, right?