Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ta Da!!!

(Jerri here)

We finished Katie's quilt over the weekend. When the quilting was done, it took 9 more hours to sew the binding on by hand, but it's done! And washed. And ready to wrap up. Well....almost. A few flowers need buttons.



Just to make them extra special, we're using buttons that once belonged to one or the other of my grandmothers, Katie's great-grandmothers. We have their button boxes, which are storehouses of treasure, if you ask me.


These little chickies are among my favorite blocks.


We stipled around some designs.


And outlined others.


Added some stars here and there.


And filled every block with love.

5 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

Incredibly beautiful! What a great use for those old buttons. Such a lucky girl. When is the party?

riversgrace said...

You two are amazing, and I mean that, swear to God. Katie is a very blessed young woman. And the buttons, how special is that!

Magicaldamselfly said...

Jerri~
I love reading your blog but I have to say this one has become my fav! I love all the amazing recipes, tips and love that's going on here but most of all I love that your doing this with your mother. There is nothing like mother ~ daughter love time!
I also want to say I was tickled to get on here and see this quilt as I am working on the very same pattern myself for my neices birthday. I'll have to take some pics and post them on my blog when I get it all done.
Keep the creativity coming.
Thanks to you both for such a treat.

God bless,
Sheila

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Cutest quilt I've ever seen in my LIFE!

You and Mama need to come to Sisters for the Quilt Show - 2nd week in July every year. Worth the trip, and I know someone that would let you stay in her house if you promise to feed the deer!

Go Mama said...

Beautiful, ladies!

Miss S says, "I want to eat that!" looking at the flower picture and thinking it was a cake. Yummy for the eyes.